rhythmical wantings


the totem of us
four brown eyes that match

your broad shoulders: two right angles
drawing down
reach for my
wide hips: fleshy wiggly curves

an oddball sketch!

you are not a skeleton
and i am not under ground

across buildings and trees
in our separate houses we be
stuck in memory

my heart is a bursting
THING
slippery and silly
like a baby shrieking
spaghetti on the floor

oh my heart is a messy
thing

your searching
fingertips
in my mouth
wanting
inhaling

everything.

often i drive 
twisting
turning
canyon roads
bending palm trees
(the ones that scare me)
seem to nod

all my secrets slipped away
i threw them at the wind
begged birds,
"carry them to the clouds!"

they are someone else's now.

sometimes everything is going well
our totem: far behind
a starship's journey before

dust covered you

and 

i'm galloping on a shining creature
panting
pumping
racing
away away away

when 

your hand appears in my mind
on a gentle breeze
palm outstretched,
my lips rest there
like other times

hauntingly